Sunday, July 30, 2006

poker is hard, etc

was deep in 100+9, AK < AJ, sigh.

two hands, both weirdish semibluffs. though I gotta say I'm a little addicted to raising in early position with these suited connectors lately. the next step? reraising with them!

3. blinds 120/240/25

i have 4700, villain has 6700.

I open 8c7c in MP1 for 700, villain calls, all fold.

flop (1985) 9h9d6c

I push? (4k behind)

4. blinds 200/400/50

I have 6200, villain 15k

I open raise Ts8s from MP1 to 1200, folds to BB who calls.

flop (3050) Ah 7s 6s

ck, I push? (5k behind)

in both hands my draws were so big I couldn't fold, and the pot size in both cases was, I think, significant enough to warrant the immediate push. in the first hand, I thought about c/r all in, but realized that would give villain 2.3-1, big enough price that he'd have a +ev call with two overs or smaller pair.
the second hand is a standard situation where I want to bet/raise my draw not only as a semibluff but also to increase the chances that I can win by pairing up, or even fold a better hand. (Ac 2c?)

the thing is, I ran some ranges on both and my draws are so big in both cases that I'm never worse than 50%, unless I'm up against a set. so maybe I want action? but then the counterweight is that the pot in the first hand is 1/2 my stack, 3/5 in the second. winning that pot is enough, I think.

the new br, after cashing out 5.5k, is 1.3k
np, new mountain goats

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home