Sunday, April 02, 2006

experimental music, or, how to flush chips down the toilet

4:05 am... someone suggested I live-blog a tournament, and this one has some promise, so here goes: at the first break in this $20 MTT I'm 5th in chips, 43 remaining, top 10 cash. I've got 8760 and the blinds are at 100/200, so I've got room to work. simultaneously playing 5-10 limit. nothing very interesting in tourney so far, except calling a minraise from BB with KJ of hearts and flopping flush, only to see two pushes in front of me. set, overpair, MHIG. also KK on QJ92 board, large pot. 5-10 going very well also. more tk.

(also, while on break: L and I saw transamerica tonight; wow, disappointing.)
(also, clarification: L does not find poker morally suspect. I, however, find myself so.)

4:07... why are the 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 stacks all at my table?
4:09... why did I call the SS push on a Q35 with 88? he limped with JJ. awesome. 7200 chips.
4:11... KJ on AJJ flop, vs, obviously, AA. 5620 chips.
4:23... oy vey. QQ in SB. UTG raised to 600 (leaving 1400 behind) with blinds at 150/300, cutoff called, I made it 2600 with 4900 chips left. which, in retrospect, might have been a strangely-enough sized bet that it led CO to believe I wanted to get away from this... UTG called, CO pushed. fucknuts. I called. UTG had AA, fine, CO had AJ of clubs? naturally, flush. am a bit too drunk to think about this hand right now but I will reassess in the AM. in happy times, I myself just rivered flush with KTs in my 5-10 game and managed to cap that bizznizz. please, comment on the above hand and its suckiness. just push preflop? anyone?

bankroll, in flux
indigestion, ok
listening to www.myspace.com/thedryspells, go kalx

1 Comments:

Blogger messkimo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home