Friday, March 31, 2006

hot sauce

a semi-interesting hand at oaks 6/12 the other day: two limps, a weirdo (and by weirdo, I mean precisely, aggressive in spots when it's clearly unwarranted, passive elsewhere) raises, SB calls, getting an anticipated 9-1 I call in BB with Qd7d, the limpers call.

flop (10 sb, 5 players) is Qc2h3h

checks to PFR who bets, sb folds, I c/r, limpers fold and PFR calls.

turn (7 bb, 2 players) Ah

I bet, he thinks in an agonizing manner for some time and calls.

river (9 bb, 2 players), non-heart blank, I immediately bet and he again tanks for a while, then folds AK face up. I shrug and flip up my junk. I did this impulsively, and it may have been a mistake--later, when I raised preflop with AA, flopped a set and got no callers on my flop bet, I showed that, too--or, at least, impolitic, because the weirdo battened down the hatches and mucked everything for an hour.

but this exchange did set up a subsequent play, in the unwarranted aggression vein alluded to supra, i.e.: I check-called the whole way with K8 on a K-high board, while he fired every street with a naked ace.

bankroll: $3,094
indigestion: meatless lenten friday
soundtrack: new ghostface yo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home