Thursday, March 02, 2006

the thing is, even when you're running good, poker is eye-clawingly boring. mcmanus famously described the wsop as 'hours of boredom punctuated by moments of terror;' rkk, in an elegant chiasmus, once desribed my life as 'years of terror highlighted by moments of boredom.'
won a decent-sized pot at 5/10 online today, straight flush vs queens full. we capped the turn and river, and afterward, somebody typed into the chatbox, 'that hand makes me contemplate suicide.' I found myself nodding, sedately. that would be a reasonable thing to contemplate, yes.

indigestion: no meat since monday.
soundtrack: 'don't let our youth go to waste,' galaxie 500 cover
rollo: $3,023

3 Comments:

Blogger messkimo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:10 AM  
Blogger messkimo said...

in the soundtrack, i mean, it's "our youth," no?

9:15 AM  
Blogger messkimo said...

now my comment looks stupid.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home